Jul 29, 2011

sketchbook practices.

i enjoy painting in acrylic. very much.  i LOVE painting portraits. mostly of people i love.

lately i had been painting with watercolor as my medium... for the bulk of my personal projects. I miss opaque paint, paint that's more visceral.  

while watercolor is beautiful, its spontaneity is kind of contained... or its released in a different way than the energy that thick paint exudes.  at least for me. the way i paint, which will hopefully get better...   [http://www.guanweixing.com/2010en/2010en.html] [THAT guy's got it goin' on! -watercolor btw]  


anyways. so. i did a small painting of Steve...which youll see much more of in the future [ i have pretty big plans for that guyyyy... working on larger paintings...]

this painting was done in 3 hours of him in my sisters coat and cat-eye-glasses. very chic.




    anyways. this was done sometime over winter break... and  this summer, i did one of my friend/roomate Ryleigh Belion.  We did an exchange. I sat for her 3 hours and she sat for me 3 hours. it was nice. [the painting she did of me was pretty dead-on too! rad.]  anyways. this is the sketch i did of her...


                                                    she was watching something on her laptop.
                                      

so yeah. just some practice for the love of art.  more to come. promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment