Nov 3, 2009

Bizarre New World

Posted above and in latter times, I will be expanding on my project for Adam Ross' class, which i chosen to [secretely] name Bizarre New World, after inspiration from Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. Below is the statement I turned in to Adam to explain my agenda. I guess.

I intend to use this project to create ten/eleven pieces about the perversity/controversy created with certain advancements in science. The project is going to touch on some hopefully more universal issues such as what had happened with the advancement of atomic technology, [ Hiroshima etc.] as well as smaller more present day occurrences such as plastic surgery and the destruction of the individual through these “advancements”. I don’t mean to be overly cynical or bitter in my point of view, just express a view that is sometimes forgotten in the excitement of progress. I suppose this project is more on the obstruction of nature more than anything

No comments:

Post a Comment